Thursday, February 3, 2011

Scrumptious California Salmon by Karen Hande

We love Salmon and this recipe makes it even better. The sauce is tangy and sweet. I like to buy salmon at Publix in the fresh fish area. Sometimes they don't have salmon available so I grab it from the freezer next to the fresh fish and it is still very good. I prefer wild caught, Alaskan salmon. If you get frozen salmon, it can easily be defrosted overnight in the fridge or leave out for a few hours in the vacuum-sealed bag.


3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp minced shallot (I sometimes add more to taste)
1 C orange juice
1 T balsamic vinegar
3 T honey
1 T ground ancho chili pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Salmon filet (1 pound)
2 tsp canola oil (or olive oil)
2 T minced fresh cilantro (I sometimes leave out)


1. In a small saucepan, coated with cooking spray, saute garlic and shallot until tender. Add orange juice and vinegar. Bring to boil and simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes. Stir in honey , chili pepper, salt, and pepper.


2. In a large ovenproof skillet, brown the salmon in oil on both sides. Brush with 1/4 C of the sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 8-10 minutes or until flakes easily.


3. Brush with remaining sauce and sprinkle with cilantro.


I like to serve it with cous-cous or rice and green vegtable. enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment