Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oven Fried Pork Chops with Roasted Green Beans and Pecans by Stephanie Miller

I found this recipe which I always forget about for pork chops.I have only made it once but it was very good and gave us a break from chicken. I found it in Southern Living last year.

Oven Fried Pork Chops with Roasted Green Beans and Pecans
Total time: 30 minutes

2 (12oz) packages fresh cut green beans
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt, divided
4 (4-6 oz) bone in center cut pork chops
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (panko) @Publix
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 tbsp butter

1. Preheat oven to 450. Drain and rinse beans. Combine beans, olive oil, and 3/4 tsp salt in a large bowl, tossing to coat. Spread beans in a single layer in a jelly roll pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until beans are tender and slightly browned.

2. Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.

3. Stir together breadcrumbs and next 3 ingredients in a large dish. Dredge pork chops in mixture.

4. Cook chops in 1/4 cup hot vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side until done.

5. Stir pecans and butter into beans, bake 5-6 minutes or until pecans are golden. And that is it!
Hope everyone enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment