Friday, January 21, 2011

Bonus recipe! Apple Pie by Jessi Prestage

I decided to try making an apple pie tonight... it just came out of the oven, so I am hoping it tastes as good as it smells. While I am waiting on it to cool a bit, I thought I would share this recipe. It just smells way too good not to share!
 
Apple Pie
 
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, thinly sliced
2 uncooked pie crusts (Pillsbury, by the cinnamon rolls at the grocery)
1 stick butter
2 T flour
1 t cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
 
Combine the butter with the next 4 ingredients in a sauce pan and melt together over medium-low heat. Put the first pie crust into a pie plate, add the apple slices, and cover with the butter mixture. Trim the other crust to fit the top of the pie - making dashes in the top crust with a knife in any pattern.
 
Cook in a 350 degree oven - cover the edges with foil if the crust starts getting too brown. I cooked mine for about an hour - until the crust looks evenly browned and the bottom of the pie looks cooked.
 
Wait on it to cool a bit, and eat with a scoop of ice cream. Yum. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment