Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mexican Tortellini Soup by Susannah Wood

I have a soup recipe, too.  It's perfect for days like today.

-Chicken broth in the box by Swanson (it takes more than you might think since it is soaked up in tortellini).  For large amount buy 3 boxes but ad as necessary.
-Rotisserie Chicken pulled from the bones and shredded
-1 can corn drained
-1 can black beans drained and rinsed
-1 large Salsa
-1 medium package Butoni three cheese tortellini in refrigerated section

Cook tortellini in 1 box chicken broth or more if you need it then add pulled chicken, drained corn, drained and rinsed black beans and salsa and simmer.
Serve with cheese and sour cream as topping.  You can also serve with tortilla chips.
I serve with grilled pimento cheese sandwiches.  I buy pimento cheese from kroger marketplace deli and it's delicious!


Enjoy!
Susannah

1 comment:

  1. Very easy and yummy! Jenna Grace had 3 helpings! Shock!
    We love soups at our house this time of year and this one is a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete