My Mom used to make this for me, and I thought it was so fancy because it was "Italian"! It's easy, quick, and I love serving it to my family now that I am a Momma!
Italian Casserole
1.5 lbs. ground beef (or substitute ground turkey for a healthier version)
1 onion, diced
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 small container sour cream
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tube crescent rolls
1/2 stick melted butter
Parmesan cheese
Brown the meat with the onion, drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Pour into casserole dish.
Stir together sour cream and mozzarella cheese. Spoon over meat mixture (do not mix with meat, but layer on top).
Roll out the crescent rolls onto a non-stick surface (seran wrap) and use your hands to make it a smooth sheet of dough. Top the casserole with the crescent roll dough. Then, sprinkle the melted butter and parmesan cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees till the dough is slightly browned and the casserole is bubbly.
I serve mine with a salad, green beans, and corn. No need for a side of bread, as it is included in the casserole.
Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does! Oh, and a time saver tip...
I buy my meat in bulk, and go ahead and cook it all when I prepare this meal. I let the additional meat cool, and put it in the freezer for a meal next week. That way, you just have to re-heat it to make quick tacos or spaghetti. :)
This was so easy and very delicious! I was able to split it between two small casserole dishes and freeze one for later.
ReplyDelete