Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Recipe with NO red sauce- Ravioli with Peas and Crispy Bacon by Jackie Mewbourne

Ravioli with peas and crispy bacon

6 slices of bacon - (you can use turkey bacon if on a diet or don't like pork)
2 cloves of garlic (minced)
10 oz bag frozen peas
Cheese ravioli (fridge or freezer section)
salt
pepper
Parmesean cheese


Prepare ravioli as instructed (which basically means cook it!) Save 1/4 cup
pasta water when finished.
In a large skillet, cook 6 slices of bacon until crisp. Remove and crumble.
Add garlic to skillet and cook until golden. Add frozen peas and cook until
headed through. Mix in the ravioli and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water. Season
with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with bacon and parm cheese and serve.


Hope you like!!

1 comment:

  1. I got this recipe from Jackie a while back. It is one of our favorites. I switched it up a little this past week. That's what we love- its so versatile. I added cherry tomatoes and substituted edamame for peas. It's just what I had on hand. YUM

    ReplyDelete