Some of you love these so much (or your husbands I should say ;0) and I was asked to send the recipe so I thought I'd copy all of you too!! Be sure to get vanilla ice cream to serve with them!
14 oz. Bag kraft caramels
1/3 cup evaporated milk
1 box German chocolate cake mix
3/4 cup melted butter or margarine
1/3 cup evaporated milk (this listed twice on purpose)
12 to 16 oz bag milk chocolate chips
Unwrap caramels into a saucepan. Melt caramels over low heat with 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix with melted butter and the other 1/3 cup of evaporated milk.
Split the cake/butter/milk mixture in half and press one half into a greased rectangular 9 x 13 cake pan.
Bake at 350 for 6 min.
Then sprinkle the choc. chips over the warm cake. Drizzle the melted caramel over the chips.
Finally, crumble the remaining dough on top of the caramel (this can be tricky and messy!). I grab a golf ball size of the dough and press the dough in my hands and sort of lay the dough over the caramel. Repeat until you have covered the caramel and all the dough is used.
Put back in the oven at 350 for 15-18 minutes. I like my edges crusty so I may go a little longer.
Be sure to let them cool a bit before serving because of the caramel running and it will be HOT!
I have heard of people making these with devils food cake mix and changing the chip to butterscotch or white chocolate---so you can make it your own but our family likes it just they way it is so why mess with perfection-right?
Enjoy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment