Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hot Chicken Salad by Kimberly DeLaney

Hot Chicken Salad


A great southern favorite. I know it's another chicken recipe but this one
is oh, so good! I got it from a great friend of mine back in SC and she
made it for me once and I was hooked. Love the textures in this.


You need:


4 to 5 pounds of chicken (4 cups, cubed, cooked chicken) white meat tastes
best in this recipe
4 cups chopped celery
2 teaspoons of salt
1/2 teaspoon tarragon (optional)
1/4 cup grated Vidalia onion
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 cups of mayonnaise (lite mayo is fine)
1 cup sliced toasted almonds
1 cup crushed cornflakes
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese


Cut chicken into 3/4 inch cubes. Combine chicken with celery, salt,
tarragon, onion, lemon juice, mayonnaise and almonds. Allow to stand at
least one hour in refrig. Taste. Adjust salt. Spoon mixture into a
buttered shallow glass, 2 quart casserole dish. Place into oven for about
15 minutes until chill is gone. Top with cornflakes and cheese. Bake until
heated through and lightly browned.


Temperature: 350 degrees
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes


I usually serve with a green vegetable - usually green beans - and some type
of crusty bread.


Hope ya'll enjoy this one!


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment